Mini-Baccarat Tropicana Casino Games
If you have never played Las Vegas table games before and you’re looking for one that is easy to learn and offers some of the best casino odds, we recommend that you start with mini-baccarat (pronounced bah’-ca-rah). Part of what makes this simple game so great is that your decision-making is limited to what kind of bet to make. Everything else is in the dealer’s hands, so the only thing you need to do is collect or pay when the round is over! Want to know more?
In mini-baccarat games, you have the option to bet on the Player (your own hand), the Banker (the dealer’s hand) or the Tie (where you bet that the Player and Banker’s hands will tie).
The objective of mini-baccarat is to draw a two- or three-card hand that totals closest to 9.
- All cards are face value, except for A, which counts as one, and 10, J, K, Q, which count as 0. If the point total exceeds 9, the first digit is dropped (e.g., 8 and 6 total 4, and 6 and 4 total 0).
- The Banker draws two cards for the Player and two cards for him/herself.
- If the total is 8 or 9 for either the Banker or the Player – without exception – both will automatically stand.
- If the Player’s total is 6 or 7, the Player will stand.
- If the Player stands, the Banker hits on a total of 5 or less.
- If the Player’s total is equal to 5 or less, the Player will automatically hit and the Banker will give the Player a third card.
- If the Player is given a third card, the Banker will draw a third card based on the Banker’s hand total as follows:
Banker 0, 1, 2: Banker draws a third card – without exception.
Banker 3: Banker draws if Player’s third card is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 or 0 (not 8).
Banker 4: Banker draws if Player’s third card is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.
Banker 5: Banker draws if Player’s third card is 4, 5, 6 or 7.
Banker 6: Banker draws if Player’s third card is 6 or 7.
Banker 7: The Banker will stand.
- After the final cards are dealt, whoever is closest to 9 is the winner.
Back to Las Vegas Casino Table Games