Roulette Tropicana Casino Games
Did you know that roulette, which is one of the oldest and most popular games in casinos all over the world, is also one of the easiest to play? Want to know why? Because there is essentially no skill required to play this Las Vegas table game! That means that even if you’ve never stepped foot into any casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, you could still sit down at the table and play this game!
The objective of roulette is to accurately predict which slot on the roulette wheel that the ball will end up in when it comes to a stop.
- The roulette wheel is numbered 1-36 alternating in black and red, and two spaces, 0 and 00, in green.
- The dealer is called the “croupier” and is responsible for taking bets and paying out winnings.
- Players can bet on a single number, column or row of numbers, black or red, odd or even, or 1-18 or 19-36.
- To bet, the player’s chips are placed on the betting layout.
- Prior to spinning the wheel, the croupier will say, “No more bets,” and no more chips will be allowed to be placed.
- When the ball stops on a number, the game is over and all wagers are settled.
In roulette there are two main groups of bets available – Inside Bets and Outside Bets.
are made within the main group of squares and feature three varieties:
- Red/Black: If a chip is placed in a red or black box and the ball lands in a box that corresponds to the color selected, the player wins.
- Odds/Evens: If a chip is placed in the Evens box and the ball lands on an even number, the player wins. Similarly, if a chip is placed in the Odds box and the ball lands on an odd number, the player wins.
- High/Low: If chips are placed in the High box and the ball lands on a number 1-18, the player wins. If the chips are placed in the Low box and the ball lands on a number 19-36, the player wins.
are made on the boxes outside the main group of squares and are intended for betting on large groups of numbers. There are two varieties:
- Dozen Bet: Chips placed in one of three boxes found next to three long rows allows you to bet on 12-number increments. “1st 12” (covers numbers 1-12), “2nd 12” (covers numbers 13-24) and “3rd 12” (covers numbers 25-36).
- Column Bet: Chips placed in one of three boxes titled “Columns: ‘1st,’ ‘2nd’ and ‘3rd’” (located at the end of three long rows) will cover the groups of 12 numbers in each column.
Back to Las Vegas Casino Table Games