Tropicana Green InitiativesEco Friendly Las Vegas Hotel
We recognize the importance of protecting our planet. After all, it is the only one that we have. That’s why we decided to go green and are constantly looking for new ways to reduce our footprint on the environment, from using eco-friendly products to recycling and many other sustainability initiatives. Want to learn more?
- On-site water purification: Our award-winning steakhouse, Biscayne®, now has an on-site purification process that provides superior quality while minimizing the negative effects to our environment.
- Energy management system: We have installed a 21st century energy management system that improves the conversion and utilization efficiency, reduces carbon intensity and expands the use of renewable energy.
- LED lighting: We use LED lighting throughout our hotel on the Las Vegas Strip, which reduces power consumption. Additionally, 80% of the electrical energy is converted to light energy.
- Retrofit compact fluorescent bulbs: The Retrofit compact fluorescent bulbs found in our best-in-class Las Vegas hotel rooms and towers are energy efficient – therefore, less electricity is wasted as heat energy. These bulbs also help reduce carbon emissions and are very durable.
- Sustainable bottled water program: An empty one-liter bottle requires more than seven liters of water in its manufacturing process. That same bottle also uses 162 grams of oil and results in more than 100 grams of greenhouse gas emissions – which is the approximate amount that the average car emits over one-third of a mile. With our sustainable bottled water program, we are able to reduce the quantity of bottles that we put back into the environment and therefore reduce water waste and greenhouse gases.
- Opt-out of daily linen cleaning: We give our hotel guests the opportunity to opt-out of having their linens cleaned every day. When guests choose not to have their sheets cleaned daily, this helps to save water and energy.
- Fryer oil: Being that oil is one of the most widely used natural resources, recycling our fryer oil puts some of the oil back into circulation, which is a solution to the declining supply of fuel.
- Food to RC Farms: By recycling leftover food that would otherwise be discarded into the food production process, RC Farms makes it possible to produce food for less money. This less-expensive protein source aids those individuals who are suffering from starvation and malnutrition.
- Fluorescent tubes and bulbs: Recycling our fluorescent tubes and bulbs helps prevent the release of mercury into the environment and allows for the reuse of glass, metal and other materials.
- Cardboard: By recycling our cardboard, we help to eliminate the release of methane, which is a dangerous greenhouse gas.
- Aluminum cans: Recycling our aluminum cans greatly reduces land and water pollution, and decreases the energy needed to produce brand new cans.